- Business Administration
- Management of Health Units
- Educational Management
- Educational Psychology
- General Administration
Profile of the Programme
The University of Nicosia MBA programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation of business education enabling them to become effective managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive fast changing environment. This programme aims to offer a programme that is highly integrated in context and practical by remaining close to actual business practice. It aspires to assist students develop the ability to develop their management and leadership skills, operate effectively in a multicultural environment and to adapt quickly to changing social, political, legal and economic conditions.
More specifically the programme’s main objectives include:
- Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
- Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge
- Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
- Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
- Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications.
- Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialized knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
- Offering an insight into professional possibilities and modern organizations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
- Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions.
- Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
- Providing students with graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
- Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
- Providing students the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
- Giving emphasis on European and International business perspectives
We expect our students to come from Management or Senior Management positions at different areas of private interest and organizations within government and industry both locally and abroad. Companies like Royal Dutch Airlines, Revlon, Tradex, Cyprus Telecommunication Authority, Cyprus Electricity Authority, Air Trans, Cybarco, Demstar, Addidas and many more. Positions held by some of our graduates include, Marketing Director, Commercial Finance Manager, Public Relations Director and Financial Controller etc.
During the past few years our graduates have been placed in different market positions. Quite a few have undertaken Bank positions, posts in off shore companies and in Academic institutions. Some of the posts include a consultant in the Ministry of Libya, Senior IT in a company in the United States of America, Director Manager of a major Granite company, Director of Demstar, Finance Director of a University and many more.
Purpose of the Program
The Postgraduate Program in Public Administration Studies directed towards Health Units Management aims to provide high quality education to those aspiring to become leaders in the sensitive health sector. This direction guides the students to the empirical approach of Health Services Management so that the new knowledge and expertise acquired can mix with the experiences of the participants through the study of real problems of everyday life. This approach is made possible since the subject of this Program was designed in a way that explores the core elements of Public Health Policy in these multiple fields and prepares students to take on increasing and complexed responsibilities in this field. Moreover students broaden and at the same time deepen in management and policy processes a course of heuristic learning. Consequently, students acquire the necessary knowledge and expertise to efficiently develop and manage Health Sector resources and to understand the major political issues from which the policy is derived and set the individual objectives.
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the Postgraduate Program in Public Administration Studies directed at Educational Management is to prepare and specialize professionals who are already serving as educators, managers, school counselors, educational staff, or as administrators of educational services and institutions, teacher supervisors services, vocational training and lifelong learning services. It is also offered to those who are to be employed in the educational field in the whole range of educational and administrative activities, offering knowledge, skills and competences in the administration of educational institutions in formal and non-formal education. The direction in Educational Management aims to develop students’ ability on research and analysis, synthesis and creativity, while stressing the vital importance of information and technological development, and sensitizing them to ethical, educational, social, environmental and international issues that affect the life and functioning of educational units, organizations and services. This direction also aims at providing high-quality studies to those aspiring to become “leaders” in this field and prepares students to take on increasing and complex responsibilities in this field.
Purpose of the Program
The Educational Psychology Program focuses on the study of the cognitive, emotional and social – cultural processes that constitute the basis of education and lifelong human development. The program is aimed at active or potential primary and secondary school teachers who wish to acquire specialized knowledge of the physiological and divergent model of development and learning. The main philosophy of the program is the empirical approach to the study of Educational Psychology, where the new knowledge and specialization acquired is mixed with the experiences of the participants through the study of real problems of their everyday life within and outside the school framework. This approach helps students to broaden and deepen the subject of education and psychology at the same time.
The Postgraduate Program in Public Administration Studies, aimed at General Management, aims to provide high quality education to those aspiring to become leaders in this field. The curriculum directs students to the empirical approach of the General Administration so that the new knowledge and expertise acquired mixes with the experiences of the participants through the study of real problems of everyday life and in particular the problems of the local community. This approach is made possible since the subject of the specific Program was designed in a way that explores the basic elements of public policy and local government in these multiple fields and prepares students to take on increasing increasing complex responsibilities in this field. Consequently, students broaden and at the same time deepen management and policy processes in a course of heuristic learning. Consequently, students acquire the necessary knowledge and expertise to efficiently develop and manage public sector and local government resources and to understand the major political issues on which the policy is derived and set the individual objectives.